Sunday, April 3, 2016

Less is always more

As cliche as it sounds, when it comes to fashion, my philosophy has always been less is more. I'm all about simplicity; from my home decor to my fashion sense. When I'm looking for an outfit or when I think I'm ready before an outing, I usually always ask myself this question: Is this too much? 

Because I wear hijab, my style is conservative and modest. And, I feel there’s a fine line between looking elegant and tacky and that line could be crossed with just one wrong accessory or headscarf. Here's my rule of thumb: When my outfit has some sort of pattern, whether it's polka-dots, stripes, floral or even paisley, that usually means my hijab is a solid, plain color. However, when my entire outfit is pattern free, I usually go for the printed hijab styles, just so it's not too boring. This isn’t always the case, but most of the time that’s how you would see me dress. Here’s a couple of examples:

Here, I'm wearing printed high waist pants, and so I chose to wear a plain cream hijab. 
Contrastly, in this picture, my outfit is pretty plain, with no prints/patterns. So to  spice (for lack of a better term) it up, I added a polk-a-dot navy hijab to tie it all together. 


 I also usually stay away from really bright colors. Especially, neon! Sometimes, I see others pull it off, but for me, I just feel like I would look like a highlighter. Typically I wear neutral, earth tone colors, and sometimes in the spring you may catch me wearing lighter, soft colors. As this is my first style post, I just wanted to let you in a little bit on my sense of style and what to expect! I look forward to showing you more of my fashion favorites, because your home isn’t the only thing that should stay polished. :) 

-M




No comments:

Post a Comment