Thursday, July 14, 2016

*Product Feature* A quick way to keeping your home looking polished during a busy week.

              I decided that I’m going to start featuring some of my favorite products on my blog. Anything that doesn’t require much labor and makes life a little easier for me is automatically a plus. I’ve heard that there is a robot that mops your floors, but I haven’t tried it yet so I can’t write a post about it. However, there is another product that I’d like to share with you that makes it easy to mop your floors when you have a busy week or just need to maintain your housekeeping chores. It’s the Shark Mop.




              
               This really came in handy when I was pregnant. I wasn’t able to maneuver my body and get on all fours to mop my floors (arab style) while I had my stomach out several inches in front of me. So, the shark mop really helped save me some back aches and hard work. 

How it works:
1. You fill the mop with nothing but water. No chemicals or any type of cleaning solution.
2. You wet the mopping cloth and ring out the water until it’s damp.
3. Place the mopping cloth securely on the shark mop, with the scrubbing side down first.
4. Plug it in and turn it on and wait for it to steam, then mop away!

                You may think that if you’re not using any chemicals or solution that your floors aren’t getting very clean…but they are. The shark mop releases steam from a hot enough temperature that is able to sanitize your floors. I don’t recommend the shark mop for deep cleaning, but it is good to use when there hasn’t been much traffic in your house and you don’t feel it’s necessary to intensely mop your floors with chemicals or special wood cleaners. It’s quick, easy and you can use it on hard wood and tile.

                Sometimes I’ll use the shark mop in my daughter’s room, or in my office, where there isn’t much action. And, I’ll use it throughout my whole house if I’m having a busy week. It was really easy to push around while I was pregnant and you’re able to see the steam, so you know it is working to sanitize the floors.

                There are different variations of the shark mop. I have the 2-in-1 Electronic Steam pocket mop, you can find it here . After doing some research, I was able to find one just like mine, at a much cheaper cost from Costco .


                However, despite all of the pros, there is one issue that I have with the shark mop that I should warn you about: The cord isn’t long enough to go from room to room (if you have large rooms). So, that’s a little frustrating, and I think this product would have been much better if it was rechargeable. Otherwise, it’s nice to have around the house for a quick touch up to keep your home looking polished and clean.

                If you know of any cool cleaning products that can help make a busy person’s life easier … let me know in the comment section. Or, if you have the shark mop, what are your experiences?


No comments:

Post a Comment