Thursday, May 19, 2016

How to clean where you get clean: The Shower!



               Today I want to share with you how I clean the area I use to get clean: The shower! I have to say that I’ve tried numerous products while cleaning my shower. And, it’s not that those products didn’t do the job, most of them did…I just wanted to see my shower sparkle. Sometimes, my philosophy on cleaning aligns with that of a child as I question: if there isn’t soapy foam is it really clean? 

               My shower is all tile and I have a glass shower door, which is SO annoying to keep clean. I like it better than a shower curtain, but good god there’s just so many parts of it that you have to detail. Anyway, back to the soapy foam. I always knew that something that always gets soapy and foamy is dish soap. So, one day I decided to use my Polmolive dish soap to clean my shower , and alas, I saw my shower sparkle.

               You may find this strange, but I kid you not, my shower has never been so sparkling clean. I tried to get a good picture to post for you, but my shower is in my basement, and the lighting is horrible so a picture wouldn't do it justice. I usually clean my shower about twice a week, and I do it right before I take a shower. Here’s my routine:

1. I spray some Clorox clean-up with bleach OR Lysol (whatever I feel like using that day) all over the shower. I also spray some on the shower door.

2. I wait about five minutes, just so the cleaning product kills any bacteria that may be present.

3. I turn my shower on to really hot water. I then wash away the cleaning product.

4. I grab my bathroom sponge (because I have to have a separate sponge), squeeze some dish soap onto it and then wet it just a tad.

5. I then begin to scrub my shower head, the knob, the shower door, the tiled walls and the tiled floor of the shower. You may need to add more dish soap as you continue your scrubbing.

6. After everything is scrubbed down, I grab my removable shower head and begin washing away all of the soapy foam. If you don’t have a removable shower head, I would suggest using maybe a water pot used for gardening. Or, if you’re Muslim, you can use … you know … that pot we all have in our bathrooms (of course, sanitize it first).


                That’s pretty much my shower cleaning routine. I initially started using Polmolive dish soap to clean it, then my husband had bought me dish soap from Costco (you'll soon learn that is our favorite store), and it really does the job just as well. So, if you don’t have Polmolive brand, I’m sure any dish soap can make your shower sparkle. 

                My mother-in-law recently told me that she uses laundry detergent to keep her shower clean! And, I’m sure there are other uncommon techniques out there. Have you heard of any? If so, share in the comment section below! I’d love to hear it! Don't forget to subscribe to my blog by submitting your e-mail. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment