Thursday, May 26, 2016

My current favorite summer trend: The wide leg pant!

                I’m loving the summer trends right now because a lot of the fashion is hijabi friendly! You can easily find long maxi dresses, skirts, kimonos, cardigans  and loose-fit clothing at stores like H&M, Zara, Forever 21, Banana Republic etc. But, my favorite thus far this summer has to be the wide leg pant. I cannot tell you how much I love this trend. This item is so nice because it’s light, airy and so modest!

                I stocked up on a lot of wide leg pant styles last year while I was pregnant. I couldn’t wear them while I was pregnant (for obvious reasons), but I intended to save them for the following summer—I’m so glad I did! It also seems that this year, the wide leg pant is back with even better quality styles and so much variety. I have some that are patterned and some are that are plain, and you can style a lot of the solid colored pairs to occasions like I did in this photo—(Disclaimer: This is my failed attempt at ‘modeling’). Photocred @JessicaKobeissi :)





                I was super comfortable in this outfit as I wore it to a relative’s wedding. I bought the pants from Forever 21, the waistcoat/vest from Banana Republic and the bow tie blouse from Forever 21 a few years ago. The color orange may not be your first choice when considering a wide-leg pant purchase, but if you choose to tone it down with other colors that aren’t so bright, or rather neutral, you can pull off a conservative, classy look. 

               You can really re create this look with a variety of colors, for instance, if maybe you had burgundy pair of wide leg pants, and a black/cream waistcoat. Or, you can even use a black bow tie blouse instead. There are plenty of ways you can wear this outfit using different color tones.

               What’s great about the wide leg pant is that you can style it sort of the way you would a skirt. For example, if loose enough to where the pants don’t shape your body, you may not need to find long shirts to go with it. You would be able to tuck in your blouse/shirt (whatever works), which allows for a lot more options when shopping! Not to mention that a lot of the wide leg pants that are out are breezy and light, which is so nice for us hijabis in the summer. 

               I always convince myself to buy hijabi friendly styles before they are no longer on trend (it’s also my way of justifying reasons to shop). I cannot tell you how many items of clothing my mom used to own that are trending now but have disappeared in past years. I still bug her about throwing them out.


              What is your favorite summer trend this year? Share in the comment section below! Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment