Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ten must-have items that belong in every woman's wardrobe!

If you scrolled through the images before reading this post… I just want to assure you that this isn’t a guide about how to be basic. This is a post that I think all girls can relate to. These are some versatile and essential pieces of clothing that I think every woman should have in her wardrobe. You can style each and every one of these articles in a number of ways, which is what makes them so useful! Here are my top ten favorite and must-have items in my closet:

1. A long black blazer: 




 Whether you want to dress this up, or wear it with a white t-shirt and jeans; you’ve got to have a long black blazer. It’s such a classy piece that you can match with so many different outfits that gives off that refined, chic look. I bought this specific blazer from H&M and I believe they still have it online. It has a nice structured fit to it, too!



2. A black maxi dress:



 Well… to be honest, any solid color maxi dress is good to have for the summer, but a black one is just your savior for when you don’t have anything else to wear. It’s the dress you wear to go shopping, or to lunch with your friends. It’s convenient—especially for hijabis—because you can mix and match many different hijab colors and patterns to give it a different look each time.



3. A jeans (denim) jacket: 



I think every wardrobe should have a little jeans jacket. This works for me especially when I have maxi dresses that are sleeveless (like the one pictured above). I think that a denim jacket like this works on almost any maxi dress. It’s a good alternative to wearing cardigans because a lot of cardigans have that sweater-like material, so the jeans jacket is much cooler. Also, for us hijabis, the lighter, thinner cardigans require us to wear long sleeve shirts underneath so our skin doesn’t show. And, the jeans jacket helps with reducing the layers (darn you white cardigans!!). Plus, of course, long sleeve body shirts are not an option for me under maxi dresses (as you know from my previous post). #stopbodyshirts2016

4. A black maxi skirt: 



Black maxi skirts are great to have because, like the long black blazer, you can dress them up or dress them down. You can wear these with pretty blouses of any color, with high heels or flat sandals, in the fall with boots, and with light sweaters or button downs. They’re definitely a must have. I got my pleated one from Urban Outfitters and my plain one from Forever 21. The pleated one I mostly wear for special occasions, whereas the plain black one I wear casually.



5. A polka-dot blouse:




 Now, you may disagree with this particular one, but I’ve had this blouse for over three years and I’ve used it in so many different ways. I’ve worn it under blazers; alone with a skirt; underneath sweaters; and under cardigans. I feel like polka-dots can take a plain outfit and make it trendy. I got this from Forever 21.


6. A long denim shirt




So...maybe I should have ironed these before photographing them, but I like to keep it 100 on this blog. I have a lighter denim shade and a darker one. One is from Banana Republic (my favorite store) and the other is from J.Crew. These two have definitely come in handy multiple times as well. What’s nice about these shirts is that you can wear them throughout all four seasons. You can also pair a denim shirt with a black maxi skirt and it makes for a super cute casual outfit. You can also wear a denim shirt like this by itself in the summer and as a layering piece in the winter. They are especially cute with tall brown boots. 


7. A long maxi cardigan: 



These things are heaven sent for hijabis like me. This one that I have pictured is a taupe color that I got from H&M last year and I’ve worn it so many times that I’m beginning to feel sorry for it. It’s so light and airy and conservative. I call it a modesty piece for any outfit--especially this color. I’ve seen so many long maxi cardigans out right now, so I suggest you buy them while they’re still in style! I’ve worn this with wide leg pants, jeans, a jump suit, and even those harem pants. It literally goes with everything.


8. A long white button down shirt: 



Okay…I’ve searched endlessly for a shirt like this because I needed it for layering and just as a go-to under blazers type shirt. I finally found it at the J.Crew factory store last year, and, again, I’ve really put it to work. I think if you need one of these, now is the time to buy it because I imagine they would have a ton of them out for the spring and summer. Plus, white is always a good color to have to brighten up an outfit and works with almost anything.


9. A black and cream long sleeveless blouse:



These are wonderful to have to wear underneath cardigans or blazers. I use these all of the time and dress them up with slacks and dress pants. They’re nice for work, too … You can mix and match countless outfits with these two blouses because they're so versatile. 

10. For all of my hijabi sisters-a taupe colored hijab:




I feel like this color just goes with so many outfits. This is my default hijab; the hijab that won’t let me down and always helps fight away my bad hijab days (Yes—it’s a thing). It goes well with any skin tone and is a soft, neutral color that works with most outfits.  

I know that these items aren’t bright and colorful, but they are essential to my wardrobe because I can wear them over and over again in different ways, and that’s why I love them. That's not to say that I don't love the colors and patterns I do have in my wardrobe, but these specified pieces help me maintain a modest style that is also fashionable and sophisticated. 

I'd like to hear from you! What are some essential items that are in your closet?! Feel free to share in the comment section below! Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment